- The letter S is expressed in the form of braille with the meanings of Science, Specialist, and Synergy. It represents the creativity of UST that pursues new value creation through multilateral research and convergence technology and to be more creative.
- Science Creates new value through various scientific technology research crossing the boundaries of different fields.
- Specialist Trains the best R&D professionals who have profound knowledge, wide perspective and open minds.
- Synergy Paves the way for a new future with synergy through the convergence and cooperation of many fields
Six dots represent new convergence technology fields that UST focuses on: 5T –IT(Information Technology), BT(Bio Technology), NT(Nano Technology), ET(Environment Technology), ST(Space Technology), and new technology that UST will lead in the future.
- Information Technology
- Bio Technology
- Nano Technology
- Environment Technology
- Space Technology
As to write official name of UST Identifier, Korean, English, Chinese logo type is designed in the form of harmonizing with UST word mark. The logo type, developed to secure the unity of visual images, gives UST members a sense of unity and deliver UST's coherent image; therefore, it should carefully be used. The components of the UST logo should not be altered or changed in any way.
Korean logo type
English logo type
Chinese logo type
UST's identifier is completed by the combination of the word mark and the logo type. Its basic form is the lengthwise combination of Korean/English.
When the signature is applied, enough clear space must be secured according to the space regulation. If the height of the word mark is X, space needs to be secured as follows.
Minimum Size Regulation
When UST Main Signature A is applied to media, its height must be the same or longer than 12mm and it must contain no fewer than 32pixels.
When UST Main Signature B is applied to media, its height must be the same or longer than 7mm and it must contain no fewer than 19pixels.
The color system is one of the important factors that form UST's Identity together with the UST Identifier. Also, it is an important means of delivering UST's image that is applied to every kind of visual media, so the designated colors should be used coherently and accurately.
As a regulation to show the UST Identifier clearly, the background color application plays an important role in forming the brand image. The UST Identifier requires the use of the designated colors on a white background, which is done to show the identifier clearly against the background. Embossing, gold, silver, or other colors can be used to present the identifier depending on the application condition, and this color application is possible within the range in which UST's image expression may clearly be seen.
- Main Color
Standard for Background Color Brightness
- 01It is applied in full color on a white background.
- 02If it is applied in full color on a black background, the original colors should be kept.
Examples of improper use of the logo
The color system is one of the important factors that form UST's Identifier together with the UST Identifier. Also, it is an important means of delivering UST's image that is applied to every kind of visual media, so designated colors should be used coherently and accurately.