A counselee is a person who asked for counseling.
- Counseling will be performed through conversations between the counselor and the counselee.
- Counseling is an approach meant to solve the problem (symptom) of the counselee.
- Counseling is usually short term. Since counseling is focused on behavior correction, most methods are directive.
The contents of counseling are as follows
Depression, anxiety, anger control, fear, sense of guilt/shame, self-understanding(psychological diagnosis), sorrow for loss(breakups, separation by death), career, low self-esteem, compulsion, sleeping disorder, appetite problem, relationship problems (peer, family, superiority, love-related problem life), addiction problems, character disorders, study slumps, attachment disorder, gender identity disorder, excessive worries, doubts about life, etc.
Who is a counselor?
A person who provides counseling and an expert who gives help with the counselee’s symptoms(such as depression, anxiety, anger control, phobia, shame/guilt, addiction, career, relationships, etc.). The counselor has a therapeutic relationship with the counselee and shares the client’s suffering for the positive change and growth of the counselee.
Counseling Time (About 50 minutes)
- In order to receive counseling, the counselee must contact the counselor and book the first appointment.
- After the first appointment, the counselee should discuss next appointment with the counselor each time.
- If the counselee wishes to change or cancel the appointment, the counselee should discuss the time change (at least 24 hours in advance) with the counselor in order to avoid inconveniencing other counselees.
Without consent, no detailed counseling information can be released about the counselee (including the immediate family). All conversations in the counseling office are confidential.
- psychlolgy Consultation Institution
(Apply over the phone, E-mail)
- For students’ convenience, they can directly make an appointment with counseling institution agencies without administrative procedures of UST.
- Cost support varies from time to time.
|Times||1 ~ 5||6 ~ 10||11 ~ 15||16 ~ 20|
|Supporting Cost||UST full support||UST Partial Support|
|Student payment 30,000KRW||Student payment 50,000KRW|